Blog Journal #4

 ELA.11.R.1- Reading Prose and Poetry for Grade 11. This standard calls for 11th graders to be able to understand, analyze, and write about, prose and poetry. Based on my current skill set I do not believe I would be able implement this standard because my knowledge, understanding, and ability to teach this subject is minimal. I have had past experience with poetry and prose; being able to analyze, write about, and understand it. However, my knowledge on this subject is rusty and I would need refresher courses to be able to implement this standard.

For my tool or resource, I chose the area of Social Studies for 9-12th grade and my tool or resource is named "The impact of Political Parties in America". This tool is an original student tutorial and an interactive program that you are able to click through and read. I would use this in my classroom because it is important to learn the American political structure in order to understand U.S. history and much of this information must be read. Instead of reading directly from a book, students might find it more fun or easier to learn by using an interactive.

As a teacher it is important to be proficient at internet searching because, in today's day and age, technology makes up a huge part of instruction. With this, internet searching will make up the bulk of the tasks that someone will do as a teacher. For an example, a teacher might need to find specific online resources tailored to what they are teaching and must find said resource through selective searching which can be a complex process. I think I will use the advanced search for Google Images more because it makes searching faster if you specify the attributes you need in an image. There is an advanced searching tool for Google which helps you find books and scholarly sources for research which I have used in the past.

Comments