Blog Journal #9

 I like that I am in an environment of students that have similar goals in education, and we can help each other. I dislike how the course is structured, the course material, and the strictness of the grading. When I am a teacher, I will improve the classroom experience by creating a space where students can grow and learn, be themselves, and be positive. I will do this by not taking advantage of my position, providing students with everything they need and more, and being voice for my students and to them.


Open educational resources are things, usually websites, programs, etc., which are free to use for anyone, but mainly used by teachers and students. One example of an OER, is quizlet which is a website which aides in memorization and retention of subject material. On quizlet there are public study sets which contain words or core phrases and their definitions or counterparts and these sets or series are free to use and share. You can also create your own study sets, for example, I have one which contains information on important quotes that I try to memorize, and I can share this set and people can use it.

https://quizlet.com/latest

I learned how to create new formats for PowerPoints as well as align text better. I liked that we were able to record ourselves giving the presentation. I disliked that there were some elements in order to pass or high pass which were not relevant to making a good PowerPoint. Next time, I would like to work on making my PowerPoint more aesthetic.



Comments